“It Sounds Muddy”
So, you want to be a “Pro Audio Engineer” Seminar and Clinic in Denver June 5-7, 2017
Here are the details and schedule:
The Soiled Dove Underground Denver 7401 E 1st Avenue Denver, CO 80230
Day one schedule and topics:
June 5, 2017 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM (Lunch Included)
- Full concert setup with multiple mixing consoles from Digidesign, Roland, and Yamaha, and numerous other small format digital and the house large format analog console at the Soiled Dove.
- Beginner to advanced EQ theory including the most important knowledge of sonic elements of instruments voices, including full big band engineering.
- Acappella sepcific engineering and EQ techniques.
- Signal flow basics to advanced. What is that center section of a console?
- Microphone selection and sonic elements.
- Digital vs Analog concepts of modern live sound.
- Concepts in client relations, and how to “get and keep the gig”.
- We will be virtually mixing using the Roland M-5000 the Venetian Las Vegas Ray Charles Tribute Big Band show featuring Take 6, Kirk Whalum, Nnenna Freelon, and the Las Vegas Mass choir. Yes, a virtual mix of a big band show, in real time as if the artists were right there on stage. We will also have the option of virtually mixing the Vocalosity Tour, and the Laura Dickinson 17 live Big Band concert in LA. See Video of a Tony Huerta live mix.
Day two schedule and topics:
June 6, 2017 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Lunch Included)
- The 3 keys to success as a live mix engineer.
- How to “Tour”, get the tour, keep the tour??
- Technical Knowledge vs. Creative Mixing, know yourself!
- Virtual mixing practice for all participants.
- 1:00 PM, a live a cappella group will be joining us for the remainder of the session for constant sound checking and live experience in an educational atmosphere.
- Further reinforcement of the “Sonic Elements” style of audio engineering.
- Business concepts to take your knowledge into a fully functioning business entity.
Day three schedule (Optional BBQ and One on One session):
June 7, 2017 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Join us for a free BBQ and info session at the Sonic Audio Studio in Broomfield, CO.
Tony Huerta will host a small session for any questions you may have about the audio business, including recording studio acappella techniques. And beer…